Friday, August 1, 2014

Pres Alba visits




Man,
Time is flying by!
Sounds like you had a fun week(:
Sorry about the mean guy. I hope he doesn't shoot any horses! That's scary!
Especially cuz they are not all ours!
Wendy told me about the Youth Conference! That sounds like so much
fun!!! 
This last week was amazing! We had zone conference on Wednesday! So we
got to see President and Sister Alba, and the San Rafael North Zone,
so Elder Phillips and Hermana Kaiser and a bunch of my other friends
were there! That was fun! And I learned a lot!
On Thursday we saw all sorts of miracles! We taught a lesson with our
less active family the Carrillos that afternoon. But they had a friend
there, named Consuelo. She asked if she could join us! We were like
"sure!"
We were teaching about The Family: A Proclamation to the world and
Consuelo asked for a copy of it! It was super cool(: so she said she
will call us if she has questions about the pamphlet! Yay! Then that
night we taught a lesson to our investigator Bolivar. I LOVE that man.
He wasn't an investigator for a long time.., we were just trying to
build a relationship, but his trust. Now we are his friends and he
really confides in us. He confessed to us a bunch of regrets from his
life. It was awesome to be able to give him hope. We learned at Zone
Conference that the Doctrine of Christ, more than ANYTHING else we
teach gives people hope. Kinda cool. Before my mission, I never would
have thought calling people to repentance was a GOOD thing haha but it
is! It gives them hope! They can change and be clean again!(: so cool.
Then we were walking back to our car and we met this guy named Julio.
He said he has talked to missionaries before. He said the first time,
he told a Elder Baliasch and Elder Turk that he felt like he was gonna
win a new car. Two weeks later he won a car. The second time, he had
just lost his job, and he told the Elders he felt like he was gonna
get a really good job. 5 days later he got a really good job handed to
him on a silver platter. So this time, we asked, what do you feel
like? He said "I see a lottery ticket in my future."
And Hermana Wickline says, "ok, if you win the lottery, will you get baptized?"
And I was like, "you kind of owe God."
He said "tell you what, if I win the lottery not only will I be
baptized, but I will donate all the money to your church."
Wow! So we are excited to pass by this week and see him haha
Oh yeah, the funniest encounter of the day was when we went out to
lunch with the English sisters. We were leaving Panera Bread (best
place ever!) and this guy walks up to us and says "I have a random
question for ya"
And all of us are used to that by now. 4 girls in dresses with name tags haha
He says "do you need a job?"
He was totally gonna hire us on the spot! So we explained that we were
missionaries but we would totally take jobs after the mission. As we
drove home, Hermana Wickline and I were like "what about us made us
look so hire able?"
I guess we were dressed nice, in an upper scale fast food restaurant,
in Marin county, we were young, he probably thought we were college
students, but we were just laughing and smiling and talking to
everyone and having a good time.
Haha
Who knows. Now you have a sneak peak in a day in the life of a Missionary haha
It's super fun! You just have to roll with the punches as they come haha
Anyway, that was the highlight of the week for sure.
Sunday Presidente Mejia asked Hermana Wickline, Hermana Billat, and
Elder Minkler to give talks. It was gonna be a missionary day, and
then PRESIDENT ALBA showed up! None of us knew he was coming!!!!
Scared the crud out of us hahah
So they all gave their talks and he gave the closing remarks.
President Mejia leans over to me and says "that's the spirits way of
saying, 'nailed it'!" Hahahha
He didn't know President was coming either.
It was cool cuz after sacrament he and Sister Alba met all of our
investigators that came to church. We had the Beserra family there,
Jessie and her three kids. So that was super cool! It was their first
time at church, Jessie knew a ton of people in the branch! Hahaha
So were excited to see them again this week!
Anyway, it was a wonderful week full of miracles!
I love and miss you!
Praying for ya every day!
Con Amor,
Hermana Hardy

P.S. This week I converted my personal study to all Spanish. So now I
don't read my scriptures or conference talks or anything in Spanish
and I understand it all! And I switched he language on my iPad to
Spanish too. I'm learning all sorts of new words haha
Like "download" and "inbox" hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment