Sunday, November 9, 2014

October

Denise here:
Ok, October was a bit crazy around here. Here is catching up for the month!
Oct 6th, 2014
Wow! Sounds like a busy crazy week!!!
I can't believe it snowed this week!
Here it is still 80s and 90s. We had one day it got up to 98!
So Now i have Hermana Akre! She is from Canada! So she and I are on the same page when it comes to the heat. She is my 4th- yes FOURTH- transplant companion IN A ROW. 
That is crazy! That is like unheard of! I am literally the only Hermana in the Mission that can say that haha
I had Hermana Sommerfeld, then Hermana Wickline, then Hermana Grant, and now Hermana Akre (AYE-like Canada, aye- Kree)
It was a wonderful week. Really busy.
Last monday we did normal Pday stuff, Tuesday was transfers! I got to see a lot of missionaries I haven't seen in a long time! Like Elder Despain! And Elder Tooley! 
Elder Despain says to me "Hermana Hardy! You are almost at a year!"
I was like "Elder Despain, I hit a year, literally the same day you do."
He was like "But.. YOU'RE A GIRL! you are already half way done! When did that happen?"
It was funny.
It was so crazy to tell missionaries from my greenie area I was half way done now.
Then we had MLC on Wednesday, so instead of driving home, Hermana Law and I spent the night together in Santa Rosa. So guess where we went to dinner... SAZON! Jose's restaurant! My less active we used to teach when I was in Rosa! After dinner we had to go back to drop Hermana Jones off (she was hanging out with us because her followup trainer had never trained before) at the Badger building,. On the way out we helped Sister Alba carry some stuff to her car. We were like "Sister Alba is there anything we can do for you?" and she said "yes! please!"
so we went to the mission home to help her set up air mattresses for all the STL's that would be spending the night at her house. Then we spent the night with Elder and Sister Seeley (a senior couple that works in the office) Sister Seeley is so sweet. She made breakfast for us in the morning! Elder Seeley served his mission in Finland and loved that I knew something about Finland hahaha so we chatted for a while haha
Then we went to MLC is was wonderful!
I learned a lot!
Have you guys heard of the Movie Meet the Mormons?
It is coming out on October 10th! The church endorsed it and all of the proceeds are getting donated to charities.
Elder Holland asked all the state side mission presidents to have their Zone Conferences early on in the transfer, because we are all going to watch it!
So we watched the whole thing at MLC! And we will watch it again later this week with our zones.
It was so awesome.
It was really really good. It totally made me cry! I hope you guys get to see it too!
Then on thursday we had a normal day! It was my first day with my new companion. It was kind of crazy because all of our appointments we normally have on Wednesday we rescheduled for Thursday so we had like 8 appointments it was nuts haha 
and then on Friday morning we had Zone Meeting, where the zone leaders and STLs teach about what we learned at MLC. It was super good! We got the zone pumped for this transfer!
Our zone leaders are great. They are both really low energy quiet guys...
And we made a title of liberty with our Zone Vision on it, they asked us how they should present it to the zone and Sister Tracy and I both said they needed to come running in from the hallway with it. 
Elder Angilau and Elder Contla were both like "Sisters, if we do this. we have to go all the way or it will just be lame. And if we do this, you have to back us up. We are gonna be wayyy out of our comfort zone..."
We just smiled back at them.
So we were going around the room introducing ourselves and the zone leaders snuck out.
When everyone had said their name, Sister Tracy started a slow clap... and then the zone leaders came running it! They had their collar popped and their ties tied around their heads!
They were yelling "When I say Be, you say One! Be ONE! Be ONE!"
It was so great! hahahaa it was a great way to start the meeting. then everybody was all pumped and really actively engaged the rest of the time. I was so proud of those elders hhahaha
Then Saturday and sunday were conference so it was just like a really awesome crazy busy week.
I loved conference! It is like missionaries christmas! 
And there were so many miracles those days. 
We were only proselyting for like 2 hours each of those days, but they were miraculous hours!
Our Investigator, Brizza, prayed for us! She has never prayed in front of us before!
She was an atheist when we met her, but she had this back surgery last week, she was super scared, she said she prayed to god and said "Hey, it's in your hands now. Let this guys' hands be your hands, and make sure I turn out ok."
She said after that she wasn't nervous any more.
And the surgery was flawless! She is on the path to a quick recovery! Isn't that amazing? She totally has a belief in God now! Oh I love it!
And then the other miracle was Narciso! We haven't seen him for 3 weeks! We were teaching his family, but then his wife had alcholic issues and now they are getting a divorce:( so sad. But we visited him on friday night and sunday night and we are gonna go visit him again this week. We help his little girl, Alina, with her homework. Because he doesn't speak english, so he can't help her. That has got to be so hard!
But they have a beautiful family!
We are still trying to find his wife, Irma, so we can talk to her about addiction recovery. 
We'll see how it goes!
So yeah, that was our week! It was crazy!
But it was wonderful!
Also, our roommates are wonderful! 
Hermana Whiteley and Hermana Hancock (her new greenie!)
we have a lot of fun and get along really well!
I love my district! My mission! My life!
Right now everything is going really good!
Love you!
Love
Hermana Hardy


Oct 13

So Tuesday,
So we had district meeting, that went really good. I am super excited
for Elders Perry and Sabin. They are amazing already. They are gonna
do really great things this transfer!(:
.At 2 we went and visited Brizza. She is amazing! She posted a picture
on facebook that said something about Faith is letting go of your
fears. Wow! She is amazing!!! She truly does have faith! I can't
believe she started out an atheist when we were teaching her. She is
awesome. Oh I love that woman so much!
Then we contacted for a little while- bad idea, it was so hot!- then
we went to Joses at 4. We taught Jose and Yoana and Yesenia. They are
so great. Oh man, I love that family so much!
Then we went to dinner with Jenny stoddard, she is a sweetheart of a lady.
We had an appointment with Hermana Brenda Lopez, but she flaked on us
again Haha we contacted this sweet adorable family in the elders area.
Awesome.
Then that night, we taught the FLORES FAMILY.
This is our family, I love them SO much. I could already see them
serving missions and getting sealed in the temple. Juan could be a
branch president some day.
He is amazing, they all are.When we came the girls ran and hugged us!
And Juan was excited to see us! The mom, Teresa, is also totally
interested.They have like no religious background at all, so we have
to go super slow to make sure they understand everything. But oh, my,
goodness. I LOVE them. I love them so so so so much! They are our
family.They are beautiful. Heidi (12), Esmerelda(11), and Melissa(6).
They are just drop dead gorgeous girls! Oh I love them so much. They
are so cute and so loving.I literally felt like their home was my
home, I could have stayed there all night.
Melissa, the six year old, gave us these little moose toys, and gum,
and water bottles, everything. They were so cute.They love horses!! I
love horses! Oh man, I just want to take them home with me.
So anyway. Tuesday was magical.
Then on Thursday we had zone conference! It was fun and I learned so much!
I got to see Elder Jeske!
This week we picked up 6 new investigators and taught 17 lessons! It
was the best week of my mission so far! Oh man it was so good.
Then we had fast Sunday and this super fun break the fast dinner with
all the missionaries in the zone. It was just a wonderful week(:
I'm sorry the fall festival was a bummer! Sounds like it was fun to
visit with a Brother Jenkins again!
And the frozen cast was a hit again! Haha
Love you all!
Love
Hermana Hardy

Oct 21

Yeah I don't really really need anything, so don't worry about a package.
PACKER IS HERE!
That was exciting!
Haven't been to a pumpkin patch next, we have that planned for next P-day.
This upcoming Wednesday we are having a fall carnival for the branch.
Last Wednesday we had a Guerra de Bombones or a Marshmellow War! It
was so awesome. The elders built some really intricate towers out of
paper cups. Oh man, it was really fun I'll send you pics In a sec.
Poor Kodi. Glad to hear he is ok haha
Zombie hay maze sounds like fun! 

Oct 27


Elder Packer Dean already got Emergency transferred away...
We have now officially served 2 weeks of our missions together.
haha
Guess where he got ET'd to.... NOVATO!!
My home! Awww I love Novato so much!
I am so excited Jarett Got his License! That's so awesome.

Yes! I got your package! It is SO nice to have a camera again! Thank you thank you thank you!
And the treat tower was greatly appreciated as well!

 it was a WONDERFUL week!
We taught 20 lessons this week! That is the most lessons i have ever tuaght in one week!
We are finding new families to teach every week! I have never found so many families either!
Our area is exploding! We are seeing so many miracles and Hermana Akre is the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment