Monday, March 24, 2014

3/24/2014 Scriptures and Weakness

Favorite scriptures!
"The Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart." -1 Samuel 16:7
 
"Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past and the true light now shineth." -1 John 2:8
 
"Oh that I were an angel, and couple have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!" -Alma 29:1
 
"Behold all ye that kindle fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks, walk in the light of your fire and in the spark which ye have kindled."-2 Nephi 7

Not Withstanding Our Weakness by Neal A. Maxwell
And you can too mom. I hope it will help you. It helped me ALOT when I was having a super hard time. I was feeling really discouraged.
Also there are a couple awesome Mormon messages. Like
"The Will of God" and "Mountains to Climb" that us missionaries listen to when we are having a hard time. (: Mountains to Climb is every Provo Missionaries favorite haha Elder Tooley can quote the whole thing word for word, haha I like the Will of God.
Its a good reminder for me to humble myself...
And I know when we trust in the Lord we will learn and grow in ways we never thought possible, to become only what he saw in his eternal perspective of us
 
Oh, So one thing I forgot to tell you about was our musical fireside practice last night.
It was so much fun! We were all in the mission home from 6:30-8:30. I was in charge of herding everyone around and making sure they were in their assigned practice rooms and in the main room with Sister Alba when they needed to be. Every one was calling me "The Stage Manager" hahahah it was pretty funny. it was the best job, cuz I got to talk to all the other missionaries all night! oh, I love our zone. We are awesome!
It tanned the next day, I promise!

California MoProm. It was an underwater theme. They decorated as a service project.

this is at a members home. He lives in the middle of this big vineyard.
These are all the Elders in the Branch, plus two sisters makes 9!
From Left to Right
Elder Albertson,  Elder Jeske, Elder Debora, Elder Dunlap, Elder Despain,
Elder Mathusek and Elder Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment