Monday, February 10, 2014

2/10/14 Two Months Out!

 
Wow, 2 months. It doesn't sound that long haha but It feels like forever, but at the same time it has flown by. So crazy.
Exchanges were good :) It turned out to be super fun, nothing to stress about haha
I was just telling Hermana Bryant like yesterday that "the missionaries are always at my house doing service" and then you sent me all those pictures hahaha that cracks me up! I LOVE the one of Nelson riding Sampson haha
how are the puppies doing? Growing up? Well behaved yet? Does Nelson love them? haha
Missionary Mom lunch sounds fun! That's a lot of moms!
I don't doubt that Cade's funeral was packed. He is such a wonderful boy. So nice and friendly and hard working. I am sure he touched the lives of everyone he knew. I think about him a lot too. And I pray for him, and William, and Lori every day. I hope they are doing alright!
Singing Valentine's?? Oh I miss Palmer hahaha and the musical review sounds like it will be so fun! You will have to tell me all about it!
 I will try to send you the memory card. We are going shopping today. haha memory cards aren't really in the missionary budget haha
Spanish is good. That day we went on splits with the English sisters I had to speak a lot of Spanish. And today I get to go on Splits with the sisters again! (Different sisters but they speak English)
 
So let me tell you about my week pretty quick:
This week was amazing! Man, did we see miracles. So on Tuesday night we went on Exchanges with Sister Clawson and Sister Henrichson and I was super nervous because I had to lead the area. I had to drive (and I did it! IN CALIFORNIA! on the freeway, ya know where the speed limit is 70!), know where I was going, and speak Spanish!
But I did it! It was so great! Sister Clawson and I had a great time! So needless to say, we got lost. On Wednesday Sister Clawson and I drove around for 20 minutes trying to find where Hermana Bryant has scheduled for us to go, and we never found it. So finally I just parked and we walked around a street where I actually knew where things were. On our way back to our car we decided to talk to one last person, and his name is Silvestre. He told us that he had talked to someone and decided he need to change his life. That he needed something spiritual in his life, and 50 feet later he met us. I handed him the Book of Mormon and he wrapped it in tin foil so it would not get wet (because he was riding one of those bikes that they sell candy off of). Wow. What are the odds of that. What are the odds that Hermana Bryant would pick that day to do exchanges. And that Sister Clawson and I would get lost for 20 minutes. And that I would choose that street to park on and go contacting. Wow! That was a super humbling experience for me and I really gained a testimony of being an instrument in the Lord's hand. We really don't fully understand everything we do. Every person we impact, every decision we make. And I know on my mission a lot of times I will never see the big picture. There have been so many miracles everyday and I am so grateful to Hermana Bryant for teaching me to recognize these miracles. There are no coincidences. Heavenly Father knows exactly where we need to be and when we need to be there.
We taught Silvestre a lesson over the phone. That was hysterical. We even taught him how to pray so we were listening and we thought he said "Amen" so we were like "Amen! Good job!" And then he kept praying. It took everything not to laugh hahha
Last Monday we were dropped by 4 investigators, and when we taught Silvestre he decided he wanted to stay Catholic because he wanted to drink alcohol and not feel bad about it. So I was a little discouraged. But that is ok. Now is not their time. Maybe these experiences we shared with them will be an opportunity for future missionaries to touch their hearts and finally be baptized and come unto Christ! I don't understand all things, but my testimony grows everyday and I am where I need to be and having the experiences I need to have so that I can learn and build a foundation of faith for the rest of my life. I know that know. And I have only been in Santa Rosa 3 weeks! What all will a learn at the end of 18 months??? 
Oh by the way, Elder (Eric- at least I think his name is Eric) Waite might call you for a job this summer haha I figured you are short staffed and he is super funny and personable. Also Elder (Eduardo) Perez might call you, but he is from Mexico so I don't think he will really fly there. Elder Waite said he is serious though, so i'll have to give him your contact info.
Also is Elder Nelson gonna help with the Running of the Reindeer? I love that Elder, he cracks me up hahaha
And our musical fireside is this week! So I will let you know how it goes next Monday! Super excited!!
So anyway. I love you all a lot!
Have a great week! Stay strong!
 
In the Rain with their umbrellas!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment